As the first country recovered from the COVID-19, China’s consumer and retail market is rapidly resuscitating. In the meantime, China is continuing to introduce more strengthened regulations on data privacy, network security, consumer protection and fair transaction. Glinks’consumer and retail team are experienced in serving internationally renowned retail brands such as Starbucks, Walmart and OATLY, internationally renowned five-star hotels such as Hilton, Hyatt, Rosewood and Intercontinental, and star developers in the consumer sector such as Disney and Bicester.
Not like in other industries, contentious matters in the consumer and retail industry may face more confrontations, public disclosures, government investigations and cultural elements. Often a case with one single consumer or one single product may result in chain consequences on the entire business of a company. Glinks’ lawyers are particularly adept at helping clients in this industry to resolve such disputes and secure steady growth.
- Providing legal services for investment and M&A in consumer and retail industry.
- Providing legal services for clients setting up customer service centers.
- Franchise structuring, documents drafting and filing.
- Providing full process legal services for retail store opening and store leasing.
- Providing pre-paid cards, advertising, labeling, consigned processing, import and export control and other compliance consulting.
- Negotiating hotel management projects, and acting in management contract disputes.
- Drafting and reviewing membership terms and conditions and acting in disputes over members’ rights and interests.
- Acting for contracts and infringement disputes related to protection of consumer rights.
- Acting in disputes over store leases, procurement disputes and other disputes arising from the daily operations of consumer and retail business.
- Data privacy, network security, and antitrust compliance for distribution agreements and distribution structures.
- Representation of consumer and retail enterprises in response to administrative investigations by various departments, representation at hearings and administrative litigation.